Certified Scrum Product Owner
Intermediate Certified Product Owner course Charlotte
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
Joe Little will lead a Certified Scrum Product Owner course.
Joe is an experienced Agile coach, with in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He co-teaches these courses with Jeff Sutherland, who co-created Scrum. Joe's blog is Agile & Business.
Summary of the Course
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn how to:
- Plan, initiate and lead a Scrum project
- Develop the initial Product Backlog
- Improve the identification of Business Value
- Establish a shared vision for the entire team
- Generate an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Manage the Gap between customer expectations and the Team's ability to deliver
- Improve business value engineering
- Balance new features against digging out of technical debt
- Refactor the Product Backlog continuously
- Lead the Team and yet have the Team remain self-managing
- Work with Stakeholders to make them more effective
CSPO training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
The course will run from 9am-5pm each day. A continental breakfast, breaks and lunch will be provided.
Following the course, each participant is enrolled as a CSPO, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional Scrum materials and information are available.
4-5 Dec 2012
Charlotte Marriott SouthPark
$1900 per person
Discounted seats available. Contact Joseph Little for more information.
Once you pay, you become registered. If your firm needs an invoice, we can generate those as well. You are not fully registered until we receive payment. Please contact Julia Hill for details or with questions.
The CSPO is for managers, analysts, and product managers. For anyone interested in working on or with a Scrum team in a business or customer side role, this course is suited for you. You will leave with solid knowledge of how and why Scrum works. Through practical, hands-on exercises and small-group discussion you will be prepared to plan your first (or next) sprint immediately after this class. And you will be ready to be a strong Product Owner.
ScrumMasters need this course, because they must coach Product Owners in these skills.
PMPs: You can receive 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs) for this course.