SCRUM USER GROUP®, U.S. Registration No. 3,687,796; Registered September 22, 2009
SCRUM ALLIANCE® U.S. Registration No. 3,548,753; Registered October 7, 2008.
The guidelines below describe the proper manner and usage requirements which govern your use of the marks “Scrum User Group®” and “Scrum Alliance®” (the “Mark(s)”) in the associated logos or in other composite marks which are formed around the marks, as supplied to your forum by the Scrum Alliance upon your request (a “Logo”). These Guidelines and/or the scope of the Marks may be amended by Scrum Alliance from time to time, e.g., to include new or revised composite marks.
What You Can Do
You may use your Logo in connection with your localized Scrum User Group® forum, subject to the following requirements:
- You may use the Logo on your website and in electronic and printed promotional materials you prepare related to your forum’s activities;
- Each Mark and Logo is an adjective and should always be followed by a noun (e.g., “Scrum User Group® forum”). The Marks, Logo and any corresponding words and phrases contained therein should never be pluralized or used in a possessive manner, or free-standing with the article “the” or “a.”
What You Can’t Do
- You may not alter, cut apart or change the color, configuration or proportion of, or otherwise distort, the Marks or the Logo in perspective or appearance;
- You may not combine the Marks or the Logo with, or incorporate them into, other words, phrases or designs except as provided by the Scrum Alliance;
- The Marks and the Logo may not be combined with, used within or in conjunction with a composite mark of other words or designs without authorization from Scrum Alliance;
- You may not use the Marks, Logo or any Scrum Alliance trademarks, service marks or certification marks in a manner that would disparage or tarnish the Scrum Alliance or its Marks;
- You may not translate the words in the Logo into other languages, even if you are using the Logo in countries outside of the United States. However, you may ask the Scrum Alliance to design the Logo using the Marks in your local language. Language-specific Logos will be considered on a case by case basis; and
- The Marks and the Logo may not be used on any promotional items, such as t-shirts, coffee mugs, or the like, without written permission from Scrum Alliance.
You must include the appropriate trademark symbol and proper acknowledgement of ownership attribution of the Marks and the Logo through a footnote or similar legend as follows:
- “Scrum Alliance®, Scrum User Group® and the corresponding logos are service marks of Scrum Alliance, Inc. and are used with permission.”