Kaliprasad Varanasi, CSM, PMP &n... Read More
Kaliprasad Varanasi, CSM, PMP email@example.com
Ph # 551-208-2355
Project Manager (Certified PMP) and Certified Scrum Master with proven success as Agile and Scrum Practitioner. Expertise in Project management, Program management, Agile/Scrum methodologies, Quality Management Systems, Process improvement Programs and Quality Assurance; couples extensive technical knowledge with leadership skills to maximize operational excellence.
- Design and Implementation of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Training and mentoring as Agile coach to project teams and product owner
- Design, development and implementation of Process Excellence Programs
- Process Definition and Implementation of Quality frameworks as per CMMI, ITIL, ISO 9001 etc.
- SCAMPI Appraisal and Quality Audits and Assessments
- Six Sigma, Kaizen and Process Improvement programs
- Scrum and Agile methodologies – Certified Scrum Master - Working as a Scrum Master for more than 3 years; Championed the organizational transition from Water fall methodology to Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Coached Scrum teams on the Scrum process and guided through Sprint lifecycle.
- Certified PMP - Delivered projects; Helped organizations set up Project Management Competency Centers.
- Familiar with customized and standard tools like Rally, JIRA etc.
Certified PMP; Certified Scrum Master; Certified MSP (Managing Successful Programs) professional; Certified in CMMI, ITIL, COBIT; Lead Auditor - ISO 9001, Lead Auditor BS25999, Lead Auditor ISO 14001
Agile Scrum master and Process Coach – Agile Scrum Master and Process mentoring, for a major international Bank, New York
Agile Scrum Master and Process Coach April ‘09 to till date
- Implement the Scrum methodology in local and distributed environments; Deploy multiple Scrum teams; Participate in the Product Backlog Prioritization, Estimation; Sprint Planning; Daily Scrums; Sprint reviews and Sprint Retrospectives; Devise and customize Prioritization tools and check the sprint burn-down and sprint velocity.
- Assist the Product Owner on product backlog prioritization and Release Planning; Ensure the selection of proper tools and techniques for successful scrum implementation.
- Train and coach the Project teams on the Principles and Processes of Scrum.
- Set up a Project Management competency center for guiding the Project Managers on the selection of appropriate SDLC.
- Hand-hold the projects on Solution Delivery methodologies. Design and develop SDLC processes for different projects (Small, Medium and Large) as applicable across multi regions.
- Lead a process improvement program to harmonize different methodologies across multiple divisions to define and implement CMMI – Level 3.
Agile Scrum Master – Implement and Improve Agile methodology and Process Improvement Programs (Kaizen) at Capital One Auto Finance, Dallas, Texas
Agile Scrum Master and Process coach Nov ‘07 to Jan ‘09
- Introduced and implemented Agile methodology to the project teams; Worked as Agile Scrum Master and facilitate the Agile projects; Trained and coached the Project teams on the Principles and Processes of Scrum
- Coached and mentored the Project Managers on the Project Management methodologies and selection of suitable life cycle model; Designed and conducted project management training sessions; Mentored Agile project teams;
- Implemented a Kaizen program to improve the release cycle time from 4 weeks to 2 weeks for adopting Agile methodology.
- Designed and implemented project management centered a Process Excellence program that includes developing a BPM (Business Process Model) for the IT and Business processes
Process Factory - Process definition and Implementation as per standard frameworks (CMMI and ITIL) for Aviva Norwich Union Insurance, Norwich, UK
Process Improvement Lead Feb ‘07 to Nov ‘07
- Led the process improvement stream and conducted Gap analysis of the existing processes in the organization and defined the processes in the domains of Software Development Life Cycle, Release Management, Configuration Management, Design, Unit testing etc.
- Managed a team of 10 process consultants and helped the organization achieve CMMI – Maturity Level -3
- Closely liaised with senior leadership team and other stakeholders to ensure the buy-in and integration of processes into the existing environment.
Process definition and implementation for supporting the PMO Office for ING Bank, Amsterdam, Netherlands
PMO Coordinator Oct ‘06 to Feb ‘07
- Established the Program and Project Management Office, defined the processes and guidelines for Program and Project Planning and Controlling
- Define and implemented Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) activities, defining various Processes like Risk management, Issue management, Configuration management, Change management, Quality management, Review management.
- Designed and implemented Software Quality Assurance Plan
Development and Implementation of CMMI - Level 4 for Symphony Software, Hyderabad, India
Process Improvement Lead Feb ‘05 to Jun ‘06
- Conducted Process gap analysis, developed policies, processes, procedures and related artifacts; designed metrics. Developed QMS as per the requirements of CMMI in compliance with level 4.
- Conducted internal assessments, trained the stakeholders on the Process implementation
- Identified the Non-compliances and tracked them to closure and present the findings in regular Management Review Meetings planned with senior leadership team
- Train and mentor Project managers on process definition, implementation and metrics.
Development of QMS as per ISO 9001:2000 – Process definition and training at Singareni Collieries, Kothagudem, India
Project Manager June’03 to Feb’05
- Developed and Implemented ISO 9001 - Conducted Process Gap analysis, Developed policies, objectives and targets and procedures; designed relevant metrics.
- Trained about 400 people on “Process awareness”, “QMS documentation” and “Internal Quality Audits”; conducted internal Quality audits and tracked the Non-conformances to closure.
Development and Implementation of IMS (Integrated Management System at Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, India
Team Lead June’01 to June’03
- Developed and implemented Integrated Management System (QMS as per ISO 9001:2000, EMS as per ISO 14001 and OHSMS as per OHSAS 18001); Developed all the relevant artifacts and documentation
- Conducted awareness training programs throughout the organization and intensive programs for core group members (implementation task force)
Development and Implementation of QMS in many organizations spanning across various industrial sectors.
Team Member Dec’97 to June’01
- Developed project proposals, conducted requirements gathering and gap analysis. Designed and implemented policies and procedures, objectives and targets; define metrics, artifacts and related documents as required by ISO 9001.
- Conducted internal audits; provided trainings on the development, implementation of QMS and internal auditing; identified Non-conformances and tracked them to closure.
Professional Certifications and Memberships
Certified Scrum Master
Certified PMP (Project Management Professional)
Certified PRINCE2 (Projects in Controlled Environment) Practitioner
Certified MSP (Managing Successful Programs) professional
Certified COBIT (Control Objectives for IT and related Services) professional
Certified ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) professional
Certified in SEI-CMMI Foundation Program
Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2000
Certified Lead Auditor for Business Continuity Management (BCM) – BS 25999
Certified Lead auditor for ISO 14001
Certified Lead Auditor for OHSAS (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series) 18001
Official reviewer of SEPG 2010 Conference
Member of PMI; Organized and participated in international conferences
- M.Tech (Master of Technology) from Sri Venkateswara University, India
- B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) from Sri Venkateswara University, India
Kaliprasad hasn't listed any work history yet.