Bob hasn't listed a bio yet.
President at Cameron Technology Solutions
Apex, NC 27502
Created Cameron Technology Solutions applying integrated project management tools, techniques and experience to create or enhance custom technology solutions. Consulting: Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina July 2012 - Present • Transition two teams from Waterfall to Agile for two different projects and tool sets • Scrum Master Care Management System Replacement - US and India using Index Cards and Excel. • Scrum Master Health Reimbursement Account database - US Only using Rational Team Concert. Two releases so far. • Project Manager Supplying Data to an External Vendor. One release. INDUS • Write proposal for multiple company bid for NIEHS contracts. EPA Health & Environmental Research Online (HERO) Feb 2010 – July 2010 • Customize JIRA plug-ins using Java and Velocity to push and pull data between the JIRA and HERO databases saving the development cost of creating custom workflow and tracking applications for the HERO internal web sites. • Create portal/ColdFusion interface into an Oracle using Java, Spring, OC4J, and Hibernate. • Designed and implement Oracle database using an entity attribute value model.
Senior IT Project Manager at Quintiles
August 2010-July 2012
• Teach SCRUM / Agile practices filling SCRUM master and product owner roles for different projects. • Manage distributed teams located in the US, India, South Africa and UK. • Converting a Master Data Management (MDM) and Subject Data Hub (SDH) projects from waterfall to agile fulfilling the SCRUM product owner role on MDM and scrum master on the SDH team delivering 7 major and 14 minor MDM releases in 2011. • Managed six international Data Factory projects simultaneously in 2011 including 47 people. • Communicate metrics, delivery dates, needs and budget information to business stakeholders, product owners, and senior management on a weekly and monthly basis.
Principal Manager at SRA International
Durham, NC 27713
July 2002-February 2010
Program Manager / IT Manager: NIEHS - National Toxicology Program ($19.8M / 5 year contract) • Used a backlog drive project management methodology similar to SCRUM. • Turned around a development, testing and support contract producing no releases into a team producing 6 documented releases averaging 100 features per year. • Support local, national and international hardware / software for 9 laboratories in the US and Italy. • Supervise a maximum 28 people including 3 team leads. • Teach management, Java, JSP, JDBC, Section 508, XML, XSLT and Oracle DBA technologies. • Convert COBOL/ADABAS laboratory information system (LIMS) into a Java/.NET/Oracle Solution • Process improvement certified from CMMI level 1 to 2 using agile project management practices. Application and Information Management Manager – EWITS ($26.3M / 3.5 year contract) • Implemented SCRUM methodology and SCRUM of SCRUMS. • Organize into the applications team, Web development team, and development support teams for NIEHS (www.niehs.nih.gov) with managers and 19 people. Florida Health Care Plans - BlueExchange • Create VB and C# structures to transmit EDI ASC X12 transactions for 270/271 (Eligibility), 276/277 (Claims) and 278 (Authorizations) according to HIPAA EDI implementation Guides United Arab Emirates – Online Visa Application / Invoice System • Develop PHP based open source Content Management System Drupal for online visa system • Synchronize MySQL, Microsoft Access and Oracle Databases using Java for invoice processing FEMA – Credential Migration Tool • Automated FEMA credentialing database migration and reporting system reducing operational costs from 160 hours to 3 hours per migration. • Design SQL Server database and credential reporting using Visual Basic and an Excel UI. • Migrate data between the legacy Excel and new credential reporting databases using Java, Maven 2, Spring, JDBC, jxl, log4j, and Subversion EPA – Excel Reporting Plug in • Created and Excel 2007 Plug-in parsing EPA reports reducing a 40 hour task to 2 minutes.
Consulting Manager at Relativity Technologies, Inc
October 2000-June 2002
• Manage and implement Cobol to Java web for banking, state and federal applications • Teach and develop detailed a three-day training course about the RescueWare product. • Manage VB, Perl, PL/SQL, and Java developers; Tech Writer, Sybase and Oracle DBA’s.
Program Manager at MRJ / Veridian Information Systems
November 1998-October 2000
• Manage the development of text searching engines used by multiple government agencies. • Grow from a three person project into four projects with thirteen people.
Director Product Development at Paragren / APAC
April 1997-November 1998
• Manage and develop commercial data mining, customer relationship marketing campaign (CRM) and customer segmentation software used by banks, phone, and market research companies. • Automate Testing using Parasoft C++ Test and Numega (VB testing) • Transition the team through company buyout from Paragren (private) to APAC (public).
Project Manager at MRJ Technology Solutions
August 1994-April 1997
• Manage a team of eight developers and subcontract with the University of New Hampshire • Redesign and port 300,000 lines of legacy C* code using C, POSIX threads and new C* compiler. • Develop processor communications library, C* compiler, custom database, API and test suite.
Consultant at Booz-Allen and Hamilton
Tysons Corner, VA
March 1993-July 1994
• Develop a custom database that was a component of an image-understanding program (IES). • Communicate and document on a multi-company, geographically distributed project using C*.
Computer Analyst at Department of Defense
Ft. Meade, MD
June 1987-February 1993
• Teach a UNIX tools class at the National Cryptologic School as an adjunct faculty member. • Develop C applications including data visualization, neural networks, statistical packages, distributed processing, and cryptanalysis.
No recent activity