Rick Willders contact at: email@example.com Senior Information Technology Management An enthusiastic and motivated IT consultant and creativ... Read More
contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Information Technology Management
An enthusiastic and motivated IT consultant and creative problem solver with more than twenty years of successful experience managing, designing and implementing robust, complex systems for business and government.
Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC), Charleston, SC present
Business Program Analyst
Provide functional and technical analysis of complex government software systems under the purview of Space & Naval Warfare Systems Atlantic (SPAWAR – SSC-LANT). Formulate and define system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Analyze complex IT systems to evaluate current state, determine business process gaps and recommend integration/customization of new software or third party tools. Investigate available hardware and software configurations and capabilities. Collaborate with other business units to provide innovative solutions to the customer. Provide required technical/managerial leadership for small to medium-size projects. Support management directives as required and ensure customer requirements and project milestones are met. Provide guidance, technical support, education, and quality assurance/quality control to other team members.
Independent Consultant to DeLoitte Consulting, Harrisburg, PA 1999 - 2010
Senior IT Consultant
- · Provided project lead and business analyst expertise to Deloitte Consulting for Pennsylvania’s Dept of Welfare Child Support Enforcement System (PACSES). PACSES is considered by the federal government to be one of the largest and most efficient systems in the country.
Duties included, but were not limited to, utilizing PMBOK project management processes such as scope and requirements definition and documentation, work breakdown definition and documentation via MS Project, project risk identification, tracking work progress against plan and keeping management thoroughly informed of progress and issues. Other competencies required were RFP development, data and system analysis, recommendation of new application designs, datawarehouse reporting strategies and conversion approaches for mainframe legacy applications to web applications.
- · Using selected PMBOK processes following the standard SDLC process, oversaw the creation and implementation of a web based county director’s work performance application. The website was developed using .net framework technologies along with a back-end Oracle database with interfaces to the legacy mainframe application.
- · Managed the technical conversion of a web based voluntary paternity acknowledgement application to better align with the client’s supported software baseline. Provided business process analysis, scope and requirement definition, work breakdown estimation, quality assurance recommendations and technical testing coordination.
- · Provided coordination of requirements definition and the analysis of existing child support data, thru the use of Oracle SQL reports and queries, to help refine business logic for the Child Support data warehouse database. Informatica and Cognos software was used to implement the datawarehouse.
- · Led the technical effort required to perform the transference and conversion of financial information from Philadelphia County’s legacy PARENTS system to PACSES. Philadelphia county maintains the largest caseload in Pennsylvania at more than 20% of the total child support cases.
- · Assisted with the development of Pennsylvania’s award winning child support web portal by providing data analysis and web page design and development.
- · Coordinated, designed and helped develop data conversion philosophies on numerous applications.
Ford New Holland, New Holland, PA 1994 - 1999
- · Directed a staff of over fifteen in-house and contractor personnel in various international geographic locations.
- · Led the database conversion from the hierarchical UNISYS DMS database to a relational IBM DB2 database for the company’s largest global application, responsible for 60% of the more than six billion dollars in total company revenue.
- · Implemented the critical, global and highly visible system on time and with no downtime experienced by the 5000+ end users.
- · Re-platformed Ford New Holland’s largest accounting application, accounts receivable, from Unisys to an IBM platform.
Datronics, Harrisburg, PA 1988 - 1994
Senior Technical Consultant
- · Conceptualized, pioneered and implemented the “look and feel” of the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare’s (DPW) online welfare eligibility system, which is utilized statewide by state welfare workers.
- · Utilized numerous structured analysis methodologies including Yourdon/Dimarco dataflow diagrams, IPO charts and Warnier-Orr diagrams to identify, describe and document client business processes.
Prior Experience: Project Leader (1986-1988) - Provided project management for the redesign of the U.S. Navy’s automated software management system - Computer Data Systems Inc., Rockville, MD; Database Administrator (1983-1986) – Supported numerous Unisys DMS production databases for the U.S. Navy’s aviation workload control system - Dynamac Corp., Rockville, MD; Independent Software Consultant (1981-1983), Lancaster, PA; Account Sales Executive (1980-1981) – handled all aspects of client relations for small system accounts while also providing 3rd party software package evaluations, recommendations and implementations - Albert Assoc. Inc., Lancaster, PA.
Education and Certification
- · B. S. - Computer and Information Science, Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA.
- · PMP Certification, Project Management Institute
- · Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance
U.S. Security Clearance/Secret, DISCO
Rick hasn't listed any work history yet.
No recent activity
events i’m attending
Rick has no upcoming events.
events i've attended
groups i belong to
Rick has no groups listed.